The 12th Triennial Congress of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom, 4-8 August, 1953 in Paris, France:
The International Executive Committee of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom assembled in Paris, August 10-12th, 1953,
urgent that a conference of the Four Powers on the highest level be called to negotiate the final peace treaty with Germany.
The Women’s’ International League for Peace and Freedom recommends the following points to be considered in the negotiations :
1. That the status of Germany should be that of a Federation of her “Laender”, unified, disarmed and neutralized;
2. That this status should be guaranteed by the Four Great Powers and the United Nations;
3. That the small neighboring countries should have a voice in the negotiations and be protected by the guarantees given;
4. That plans for neutralizing neighboring States should be developed with a view towards creating a broad belt across Europe of neutral States making them independent of the Great Power blocs’
5. That steps for the disarmament of Europe should be promptly taken as a part of total and universal disarmament.